Wednesday, September 14, 2011

RE: The Future

This is from Peter Nguyen.
"Where do you see yourself ten years from now?" This question is constantly asked and I honestly never have an answer.
I honestly don’t know where I see myself in ten years. I try not to think about it too much. But it’s hard to not think about it because, my high school years will affect where I’ll be in ten years. I have to start focusing on school work. For the rest of high school, my goal is to maintain a good GPA and try to figure out what i want to pursue in life. My mom wants me to be a doctor or a lawyer. These jobs are great careers, but it does not suit me. I don’t want to do something that I don’t enjoy doing. Because I am talking about the future, anything can change. My interest and hobbies will change. When I think about it, I don’t have much interests or hobbies. I don’t know what I will enjoy doing for the rest of my life. I just want to be successful. I want to make my mom proud. I want to be able to support my family. I also want to be happy with the career path that I choose for myself.

When I think about the future there are so many questions that run through my mind. Will I graduate college? Will I have a good paying job? Will I be successful? And the biggest question I have is: Will I be able to survive on my own? Let’s face it. Eventually, we will be on our own. Our parents will no longer be there to cook, clean, and pay for the bills. We will have to do everything ourselves. It’s a scary world out there. When we graduate high school/college, we will be entering the real world. The world of being independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment